Wrestling Forum for the stars of UNWA

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Bruiser Bob's introduction
Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:46 am by Bruiser Bob

» Searching for answers (open to Damienx, Von, Leon, Lobo, Yellow Girl, and anyone else who wants to join in the fun)
Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:18 am by Bruiser Bob

» Ghosts of The Past
Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:40 am by Bruiser Bob

» Is anyone still here?
Wed May 25, 2011 3:00 pm by el cartographer

» I am sorry to announce...
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 am by el cartographer

» Where did they go?
Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 am by el cartographer

» The 'Im going to be joining the.....' topic
Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 am by arcticterror

» When are u on ?
Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm by ghetto blaster

» Post Your Pwnage/Ownage
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am by ghetto blaster

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Share | 

Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leon Heart
GM
GM

Number of posts : 1669
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:17 pm

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Melina: Beth to win.

ECW Championship: Jack Swagger vs. Matt Hardy: Honestly have no idea who Swagger is

WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Edge: Edge wins with Christian intefering.

World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena vs. JBL: Cena wins, JBL blows yet another title shot, and oh yeah the match will be as dull as ditchwater.

30-Man Royal Rumble: Randy Orton (Yawn)

Greatest Ever Royal Rumble: 1992 (Ric Flair's win and Bobby Heenan's commentary, loved it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unwa.forumotion.net
vonryan
VGM
VGM

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Women's Champ: Glamazon
These two tie as my 2nd favorite divas.
I predict a DQ win (Beth retains) as stalker Rosa Menza attacks Melina.

ECW CHAMP: Swagger
Swagger has better mic skills and Matt is boring.
Swagger as a decent heel is a bonus!

WWE CHAMP: Hardy
Leon has a good prediction with the Christian inteferance.
But I'm saying Hardy gets a DQ win because of it. THEN Hardy swantons them, because, afterall, thats the only real reason to watch Jeff Hardy.

World Heavywieght Champ: Cena
Everytime I hear Cena's music with those gay horns I want to turn the channel.
BUT Cena is solid gold for the WWE and they want to rake in the money while Cena is healthy so long title reign maybe happening here.

Royal Rumble: Orton
He's getting alot of buildup and now with the McMahon punt I'm thinking the angle is to have Orton win the Rumble. That way he can't be fired because he would be the legal Wrestlemania main eventer. (can't fire the main event of your biggest ppv...or can you?)

Last edited by vonryan on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I goofed up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace Douglas
Title Challenger
Title Challenger

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:55 am

Women's Championship:Melina but not clean because Santina or Rosa tries to help but actually hurts Beth causing Melina to get win.

ECW Championship:Swagger only because I think the rumors are true that Matt will be involved with Jeff/Christian angle are true.

WWE Championship:Edge because as much as I like Jeff I don't think WWE management trusts Jeff for a longer than a month run.

World Championship:Cena because one like Von said Cena is money and he will be the champ for a while and two I think HBK will turn on JBL to set up the angle for their match at Wrestlemania.

Royal Rumble:Orton because frankly the only other option that I can think of would be HHH winning and I do not want that to happen.

Greatest Rumble:Have to agree with Leon 1992 with Flair winning would be the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/shane_whiteside
Bruiser Bob
Title Challenger
Title Challenger

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:16 am

Just a random thought here.

1992 will always be the best IMO. But the 1997 will always be #2 on my list. Austin has so many feuds at that time and they all came out while Austin was in the ring.

1992 = #1

But no rumble will ever top the 1997 rumble for #2
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/robert.m.walters.5
jasonic
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Okay, I might not be a wrestling writer, but I do consider myself a lover of wrestling history, so I'm going to answer this wih the angle issues. We can call this The Jasonic Rant.

Beth Vs Anyone: Who cares, it's chick wrestling. What I will guess on is that there will be atleast 12 blown routine manuevers because the anyone contender will be undertrained, and unable to match physicality with the Glamazon. I will predict, unless we get some Mickie James lesbo crotch grabbing, like we did in the classic Trish vs Mickie match from WM whateve, that this match will be just as bad as all of the other women matches we have to suffer through. The winner, all of us when the bell rings and we progress to another match...maybe.

Swagger vs Hardly: I predict that Matt Hardly will maybe win, and Jack Swagger will possibly lose....WHO Cares, it's the ECW title. The Extremely Crappy Wrestling title will change hands, or not, the real question is, if nobody watches Sci-Fi on Tuesday night, does ECW make a sound?

Hardly vs Edgeston: Yeah I stole a old Y2J slam on the Q-Rated Retard, Actually I kinda dig Edge, but only the funny Edge, which he might be again when Christian pummels Jeff I'm so totally over-rated cause I got one whole move Hardly. I hope Edge and Christian and Muttly and Juff start tag teaming again so we can see some real wrestling. These guys are good tag teams gone bad. So who wins, we all do, since this will be the match of the night as far as wrestling goes. Edge will carry Jeff in the wrestling department, unless we are now calling 30 versions of a leg drop, elbow drop, and a neck breaker actually having manuevers. Jeff will keep the pace going, and it will pop when he tanks the title after Christian hits with the Unprettier. 1-2-3.....The Fans are the new title holder.

Cena vs We Miss You Btadshaw: Okay, this will be painful in the actual entertainment department. I think the real question is who do the fans boo in this one, I mean atleast JBL is good at being evil, Cena isn't good at either. I assume the sheep will boo JBL because they have a clear cut 'face' and 'heel'. I can predict we will see that stupid 5 knuckle shuffle, and I will scream at the TV for a Pedigree onto him immediately. I can predict that the STFU will be broken atleast once by a rope grab, and I will scream at the TV that the STFU is terrible...Terrible.The real prediction is or angle I see here is this. HBK....Yeah he's going to get involved, and it will make this match classic, one for the ages. I see it this way, Cena hits the STFU, rope break, HBK slides into the ring, Sweet Chin Music on Cena, Clothesline From Hell, JBL wins, WM title match JBL vs HBK, HBK retires the next night as undefeated champion, and The Montreal Scewjob can never happen to him. Winner JBL/HBK/ and the rest of us when the match is over and Cena is nowhere on our TV screen. Yay us!

Royal Rumble: Who cares, really, if I had a guess, HHH. Why, because I'm a hopeless fanboy of The Game. Why, cause he plays a great bad guy, good guy, and I don't care if he is banging the bosses daughter. He is the last of the old gaurd that doesn't stink up the joint totally, and his theme music kicks butt. Yeah, I know, it's just theme music, but the guy gets it, he entertains me, even down to that kooky conan stuff. Cause I'm a geek boy RP'er who like the fact the guy digs Motorhead and Conan. Oh and did I mention he uses a sledgehammer as a manuever. I mean that just kinda rocks.

(Sorry need to add this, HBK doesn't stink up the joint either, and yes I know he is part of the old gaurd. The reason why I singled out HHH for The Old Gaurd cause was becasue we all know HBK is near the end, and we all know McMahon is going to have HHH break Flairs over all title reign since he wants to dominate all of wrestling history with his tenure as WWE overlord. So we are going to see HBK gone within a year or two, and lets be honest, the guy is one dive off a ladder away from a wheel chair, I just want the Show Stoppah to retire and give us that occasional Sweet Chin Music to get a pop from the crowd. So all the HBK fans can chill out now, I gave the guy his props.)

Greatest Rumble: Not sure, but I can say I miss the ones where you have 4 guys in the ring you wanted to see, HBK, Mr Perfect, Flair (1992-94 Not now), Brett Hart. We used to have a contest back in the days, where each of us picked a wrestler who was going to eliminate the most people, picked a wrestler who was going to be eliminated the fastest, and then the winner. I won 40 bucks thanks to Bushwacker Luke who eliminated himself in 3 seconds. I guess that was my favorite Rumble, the one where The Bushwackers eliminated themselves and paid for the Royal Rumble and pizza I had purchased.

I hope this Rant finds you all in good health, and not suffering through ECW.

J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baba Ganoush
UNWA Hardcore Champion

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Here are my picks:

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Melina: Melina will win via DQ. Expect Beth's No 1 fan to interfere here. Melina has come a loooooong way from where she started, a lot of the girls have (thanks to Fit Finlay). The only downside to this match is that Cole & The King are calling it. Oh, and screw you all! Santino = Pure Gold.

ECW Championship: Jack Swagger vs. Matt Hardy: Money is in the chase, so Swagger keeps it. Swagger has all the makings of a up and comer, and they gotta feel he's ready for the big time with the belt. Matt is so over with the fans that he doesn't need the belt.

WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Edge: Jeff wins, but Christian will make his debut.
One trick pony? Really? Sounds like someone has come from the Synyster school of thinking. Wink In any case, Jeff is one of the best on SD, the fans LOVE him, hell, the matches he had with Umaga were even kick ass.

World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena vs. JBL: Cena retains, JBL is pissed that Shawn doesn't interfere, and we have their match set for WM. Which, of course, JBL will lose, and retire yet again.

30-Man Royal Rumble: My money is on a surprise entrant taking it. So, I say either Christian or a returning Batista. Orton won't win as there is a bounty placed on him for what he did to Vince. Legacy or not, Orton doesn't win this one.

Greatest Ever Royal Rumble: Have to agree 1992.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synyster
Title Challenger
Title Challenger

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Baba Ganoush wrote:
Here are my picks:

WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Edge: Jeff wins, but Christian will make his debut.
One trick pony? Really? Sounds like someone has come from the Synyster school of thinking. Wink In any case, Jeff is one of the best on SD, the fans LOVE him, hell, the matches he had with Umaga were even kick ass.
Greatest Ever Royal Rumble: Have to agree 1992.

Har Har....We all know Jeff is a charity case a one month champion, Jeff is dropping the title to edge at the rumble due to interferance from CLB then jeff is gonna be out of the the title picture (the way he should be)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baba Ganoush
UNWA Hardcore Champion

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Synyster wrote:
Har Har....We all know Jeff is a charity case a one month champion, Jeff is dropping the title to edge at the rumble due to interferance from CLB then jeff is gonna be out of the the title picture (the way he should be)

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, let's make another champion meaningless (see CM Punk).
I agree to disagree with you on this one. Jeff Hardy may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the ratings they have experienced since he has been champ is an improvement over the Triple H & Edge recent reigns. Ratings = money. And considering that Jeff is one of the guys who has high sales merch wise, not allowing him to hold onto the belt for anything longer than 1 month is a huge mistake.

Then again, WWE dropped the ball on the WCW/ECW Invasion angle, so who knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jasonic
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Did I mention in my rant that indeed, Jeff Vs Edge will be the best match of the night. Baba is right that Jeff = money, but Edge = not testing positive to a controlled substance this week. Money or another PR debacle, I bet this title gets dropped simply because Edge and Christian can generate enough heat to keep the rivalry going without ever giving Jeff the title back. Then you get Mutt involved and that gives them tag team gold, and Jeff can be the 27th time most underused title in WWE champion, Tag. Then WWE will drop the ball, and retire the tag team belt, and try adding another singles title The Transgender Championship.

J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julito
Mid Carder
Mid Carder

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Melina: Melina win

ECW Championship: Jack Swagger vs. Matt Hardy: Matt Hardy win

WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Edge: Jeff Hardy win, and after his brother Matt joining on the ring.

World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena vs. JBL: Cena win, and Shawn Michaels don't help JBL.

30-Man Royal Rumble: Batista win
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synyster
Title Challenger
Title Challenger

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Agreed the Transgender belt is very likely lol I hate the direction the tag titles are going although I think miz and morrison are a great tag team put it seems like all the other tag teams get put on the back burner...

Only reason Jeff's merch is high because of all the kids...Seriously look at jeff...he's not that great of a wrestler...I'd much rather try to talk to 50lb dumbell than him...Like vikki said he's not even that extreame anymore...Extreame Enigma? more like Ex-Extreame enigma....On the fact that rating are up i refuse to belive people watch smackdown because of jeff hardy...he hasnt even "rassled" in like three weeks or more....So people are tuning in to see Jeff get muffed up.....And oh by the way....Tommy on the power rangers..the white ranger...was matt hardy...(atleast he looked like him)

Heh that was a good one....WWE CAN KISS MY ASS!!!.....Im going back to power ranging!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jasonic
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mutt Hardly is Tommy the White Power Ranger.....

The Kleenex box on my computer stand.....1.99
The Computer.....699.99
The tears I just cried laughing at that video......Priceless.

The Hardly's over-rated everywhere you want to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Howdy (Nancy)
Title Challenger
Title Challenger

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:13 am

Womens: Don't care

WWE: Jeff

World: JBL (makes for a better story line)

ECW: Swagger

Rumble match: Either Christian or John Morrison (It's about time he got a push)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damien Darkness
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 am

My Royal Rumble Predictions:

Women's = Melina (Just because she's smokin')

ECW = Swagger (They've milked Matt Hardy for everything he's worth as ECW Champ, as little as that might have been)

WWE = Jeff Hardy (Edge is a boring singles champ and they'll use him more in tags with Christian)

World Heavyweight Champ = Shawn Michaels (Bet no one predicted that somehow he'll turn on JBL, give Cena Sweet Chin Music and take the title for himself)

Rumble Match = Great Khali (Because who doesn't want a champ that will kiss the ugly crowd members and make them swoon?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vonryan
VGM
VGM

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:51 am

Ace Wins! 5 out of 5!!!

On one else even came close with 4 of 5.

The rest of us suck! Razz

And here is your prize: monkey A monkey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James Young
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Matt attacked Jeff and cost him the WWE championship!! OMG!!
I never saw that coming!!
Do you think that it means that Matt was behind everything that's happened to Jeff for the last 3 months?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stray
Title Challenger
Title Challenger

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Matt is replacing Christian, since Christian's return was over-hyped and became predictable.

But honestly, I knew WWE would play this storyline out eventually. Tag Teams eventually split up somewhere along the road for one reason or another. The fact that they're brothers only adds to the reason. Brothers are always going to wind up fighting one another eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions   

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble 2009 Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1