UNWA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UNWA Forum

Wrestling Forum for the stars of UNWA

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» One day someone will come looking for me.
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 6:24 am by Bruiser Bob

» Bruiser Bob's introduction
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 3:56 pm by Bruiser Bob

» Searching for answers (open to Damienx, Von, Leon, Lobo, Yellow Girl, and anyone else who wants to join in the fun)
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:18 am by Bruiser Bob

» Ghosts of The Past
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:40 am by Bruiser Bob

» Is anyone still here?
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:00 pm by el cartographer

» I am sorry to announce...
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 am by el cartographer

» Where did they go?
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 am by el cartographer

» The 'Im going to be joining the.....' topic
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 am by arcticterror

» When are u on ?
UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm by ghetto blaster

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)

Go down 
+6
Tyler Ford
Gem Stone
James Young
stray
Hemorrhage
el cartographer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-11-27

UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) Empty
PostSubject: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyThu May 28, 2009 4:09 am

In the amazing wrestling federation by the name of the UNWA, a killing has happened... Of hall of famer El Lobo. Now, it's pretty obvious that through some strange plotline, it'll be one of the UNWA wrestlers who had done it, and that's no exception here... Except, the people who had done it will be part of the mafia here, so says a certain pale-faced and invisible-armed detective. But now that everyone knows about them, the mafia is planning their move to take out one wrestler each night, until they have completely dominated the UNWA from the inside-out! Of course, someone had the bright idea of lynching one person a day, in order to find and rid of the mafia. And so the story begins, the mafia trying to add more to the list of El Lobo (not the Hall Of Fame list), the federation trying to rid of the mafia, and who knows, maybe a third-party is out there to dominate by their own means. Will the Mafia destroy the UNWA from the inside out, or will the loyal wrestlers of the UNWA weed out the bad guys and put them to rest? YOU decide!

(Rules and tips to follow in a later post, you can sign up now to play by posting "/sign up")

Last edited by el cartographer on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Alive (9/9)

Hemorrhage
Stray
James Young
Gem Stone
Tyler Ford
Arctic Terror
Vengeance
Damien Darkness
Patrick Griffin

If you want to play in case someone needs to be replaced, type "/replace in"[/b]
THE OVERVIEW OF UNWA MAFIA:

There's a group of wrestlers, with a majority being townies/wrestlers and a minority being the mafia. During the day, everyone (including the mafia) has a vote they can place on whoever they think is the mafia. Once someone has a majority vote, they're lynched, their role is revealed and it goes to night.

Once it's night, nobody can talk in this thread or via PM unless your role says otherwise. The mafia goes to a special forum where they can talk and choose who they want to kill at night. Once they have chosen, they PM me who they want to kill. Plus, there are some pro-town/fed power roles, like the cop or doctor, that can do special things at night, like investigate or protect someone.

Once everyone has PM'd me the choices, I do a little flavour kill reveal and the next day starts. The process repeats until either the mafia outnumbers or equals the number of townies/fedies or the town completely eliminates the mafia via lynching or some other method.

And there it is! The overview! Here are the official-type rules:

OFFICIAL-TYPE RULES

1. Don't go crazy. It's a game.

2. The mafia scum may not reveal that they are mafia unless they are confirmed for lynching.

3. No talking in the thread during night time.

4. No talking to each other by any other methods except for the thread during the day, unless your role permits/restricts otherwise.

5. I'm the mod of the game. Therefore, I may modkill you if you are being disrespectful.

6. To vote, put it in this format: "vote: Timelord" you may also "Vote: No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone. To unvote, post "unvote"

7. You don't have to be in character like "el cartographer: "I think Leon did it!"", just play the game.

8. NO EDITING YOUR POSTS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!!

9. It would be really good if you could post at least once per day, it's expected that you post at least once per two days, and it's required that you post at least once per four days unless you notify me that you will be gone for a vacation or something.

10. Once a majority of the number of players in the game has voted for someone, that person is lynched and the game moves to night. If the deadline is reached and there hasn't been much discussion, then there'll either be a no lynch, or a lynch if there's a majority of people who's posted within the past two days has voted for someone.

11. You may role-claim, which means saying that you're the cop or doctor or whatever, or fake role-claim to try to save yourself from a lynch. You may not quote your role PM.

12. Once all the Role PMs have left my outbox, I'll post that you can start disscussion, and you can start.

13. Purple is the color for my updates. You may use any other color in your posts for whatever reason, but you may not use purple or make your font riduculously small or large.

14. When you are dead, don't talk. You are, however, allowed one contentless "bah!" post... Don't even think about sharing your cop investigation results after you're dead. tongue

15. Have fun!

TIPS/Vocab:
Normally at the beginning of the game, a "Random-voting-stage" occurs, where people randomly vote each other to get a reaction.
WIFOM, or Wine In Front Of Me, which means circular logic, can sometimes be used by scum to confuse the town.
L-1: One vote away from being lynched.
Hammer Vote: The vote that gets someone lynched.
Bussing: A scum purposefully getting his scumbuddy lynched to make himself look more town.
OMGUS: Pretty much "you said I'm scum, I say it back". An OMGUS vote is where you vote for someone because they voted for you, and is sometimes used by scum as a cover-up for a strategic vote.

Remember, this is a themed game, so roles will have some UNWA flavor to it, like "Detective Browfel" as a cop, or "Jason the world's greatest interviewer" as a roleblocker.

This game has a wiki!

SO COME ON! SIGN UP! LYNCH SOMEONE! HAVE FUN!

(Type "/replace in" if you want to join if someone needs to be replaced.)

LIST OF SIGN-UPS:

Hemorrhage
Stray
James Young
Gem Stone
Tyler Ford
Arctic Terror
Vengeance
Damien Darkness
Patrick Griffin (needs to confirm)

Last edited by el cartographer on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:32 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hemorrhage
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hemorrhage

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Sign me up it sounds fun. How do we decide who is part of Mafia and who is a townperson?
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:54 pm

I'll put your names in random.org and see what comes out.

Anyone else? Come on, one post per four days shouldn't take up much of your time!
Back to top Go down
stray
Title Challenger
Title Challenger
stray

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:31 pm

/Join.

: D
Back to top Go down
James Young
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
James Young

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Don't understand how to play this even after seeing the rules, but still I'll join
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySat May 30, 2009 1:44 am

Don't worry James, I'll try to explain it a little better.

So, that's three. We're going to need some more people, so... Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Gem Stone
Mid Carder
Mid Carder
Gem Stone

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Not too sure what this is about but I can give it a try

/Join.
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Very Happy Well, you're a nice guy Gem Stone... That's four, and we need some more! (Hey, that rhymed!)
Back to top Go down
Tyler Ford
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tyler Ford

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:09 am

/join
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shane_whiteside
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Just four more!
Back to top Go down
arcticterror
Title Challenger
Title Challenger
arcticterror

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:43 pm

fine i guess i will join too, your definently going to have to try and explain this a bit better though Question
Back to top Go down
http://shinobilegends.com
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Don't worry articterror, I'll explain things step by step once we've got enough players.

Speaking of, just three more slots left!
Back to top Go down
Vengeance
Title Challenger
Title Challenger
Vengeance

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:16 pm

May as well count me in too..

V
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Very Happy Thanks Vengeance! Two more slots left!
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 pm

For anyone who needs a better explanation of this game other than the one I will put in your role PM, here's a simplified explanation:

Okay. There's a group of people. A large (seven for this game) number
of them are innocent "townies" that work for the "town". Amongst them
are a smaller amount of bad guys (two for this game) that compose a
mafia. None of the townies know who the mafia is.

Understand so far? Good.

The mafia's goal is to get rid of the townies one by one until the mafia
either equals or outnumbers the town. The town's goal is to get rid of
the mafia.

Now, there are two segments of the game: Day and Night.

During the daytime, anyone (including the mafia) can cast a vote on somebody
who they want lynched. (The town wants to lynch the mafia, and the
mafia wants to make the town end up lynching themselves). Once a
majority (5 if there's 9 alive) of votes is on one person, that person
is lynched.

After day, night begins. During night, nobody can
talk in the thread... At all... No matter what... Although, the mafia
can talk to each other at night via a small secret thread made just for
them.

At night, the townies "sleep", and the mafia determines
who they want to kill. Also, certain power roles, such as a cop or
doctor, can also do things at night, like investigate someone, or
protect someone.

Once the mafia has chosen who they want to kill, they PM me it, and I post the death scene in the thread.

Then, the second day begins, and on it goes...

To make it fair, no editing your own posts, 'kay?

One last thing: Once you're dead, you're dead. No talking except for a single "Bah, go town." post.
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:37 pm

NO MORE SPOTS LEFT!!!

Patrick Griffin and Damien Darkness have said by PM that they will fill the final two spots. They will still need to confirm with "/confirm" in thread.

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY IN CASE SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED, TYPE "/REPLACE IN".

ROLE PMS WILL BE SENT OUT SHORTLY.

ONCE ALL PMs HAVE LEFT MY OUTBOX, I WILL OPEN THE THREAD AND THE GAME WILL START!

USING RANDOM.ORG, I WILL RANDOMLY PICK ONE OF THESE SET-UPS:

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.

HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited by el cartographer on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Damien Darkness
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:39 pm

I'll join in.

DD
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Or "I'll join in". Either one works as far as confirming is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Griffin
Mid Carder
Mid Carder

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:27 pm

/confirm
Back to top Go down
arcticterror
Title Challenger
Title Challenger
arcticterror

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:30 am

come on people hurry up and join this looks like its going to be good
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:47 am

We've actually got enough people. I'm just waiting on the last few people to get the message (as in, the PM leaves the outbox), and then I'll give the mafia some time to discuss strategy in their special place I can't reveal in this thread, and then the game will start.
Back to top Go down
arcticterror
Title Challenger
Title Challenger
arcticterror

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 am

i'll will wait with baited breath
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:28 pm

The PMs have all left the outbox, I've read any and all replies and replied to them, and I am now giving the mafia time to discuss with one another.

Just to clear things up, "day" and "night" are not literally day and night, since a lot of us are on separate parts of the world.

"Day" is the time when people can talk, vote, and lynch. It starts at the beginning of the game, and it starts after a night. It ends when someone is lynched, modkilled, or the day reaches the deadline.

"Night" is the time where only the mafia can talk. It's also the time where the mafia sends in nightkills and when other powerroles can send in their targets. It starts after a "day" and ends either with the deadline, or when all power roles and mafia have sent in their targets.
Back to top Go down
el cartographer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
el cartographer

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Sorry if I didn't give the mafia enough time to discuss, but this one's underway!

They had already killed El Lobo. Now the mass explosion destroyed the rest of them. Except for nine. Nine wrestlers of the UNWA. The police have surrounded the area, and everyone knows there are two mafia members amongst them. Nobody knows who they are for sure, but the seven loyal wrestlers out of the nine must weed out the mafia and lynch 'em. They're all allowed to sleep in the locker rooms, and it's not like the police are going to come in, after all, a few of them saw the explosion and passed it around. Will the honest members lynch the mafia and live on to wrestle another day, or will the mafia destroy the UNWA from the inside out and make a quick getaway? YOU decide!

DAY ONE BEGINS!

Vote Count Number Zero:
Hemorrhage (0):
By no one
Stray (0):By no one
James Young (0):By no one
Gem Stone (0):By no one
Tyler Ford (0):By no one
Arctic Terror (0):By no one
Vengeance (0):By no one
Damien Darkness (0):By no one
Patrick Griffin (0):By no one

Not Voting: Hemorrhage, Stray, James Young, Gem Stone, Tyler Ford, Arctic Terror, Vengeance, Damien Darkness, and Patrick Griffin.

With nine (9) alive, it takes five (5) to lynch!

Vocab: Bandwagon: A group voting for someone because of one or two pieces of evidence, or overall scuminess or overall dislike.

Tradition: Normally, the game starts with a random voting round, where everyone votes randomly/semi-randomly in order to get reactions and maybe find someone scummy. Some people don't like it, because the mafia can hide a strategic vote by calling it "random".

In other words, the game has begun! You can talk and vote now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)   UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

UNWA Mafia! (Forum Game) (Day 1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UNWA Forum :: General Discussion :: Off Topic-
Jump to: