UNWA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UNWA Forum

Wrestling Forum for the stars of UNWA

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» One day someone will come looking for me.
To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 6:24 am by Bruiser Bob

» Bruiser Bob's introduction
To split or not to split EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 3:56 pm by Bruiser Bob

» Searching for answers (open to Damienx, Von, Leon, Lobo, Yellow Girl, and anyone else who wants to join in the fun)
To split or not to split EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:18 am by Bruiser Bob

» Ghosts of The Past
To split or not to split EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:40 am by Bruiser Bob

» Is anyone still here?
To split or not to split EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:00 pm by el cartographer

» I am sorry to announce...
To split or not to split EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 am by el cartographer

» Where did they go?
To split or not to split EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 am by el cartographer

» The 'Im going to be joining the.....' topic
To split or not to split EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 am by arcticterror

» When are u on ?
To split or not to split EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm by ghetto blaster

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

To split or not to split

Go down 
+2
stray
Leon Heart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leon Heart
GM
GM
Leon Heart

Number of posts : 1669
Registration date : 2008-08-06

To split or not to split Empty
PostSubject: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 am

Hi,

The federation is developing quickly and we now have over 40 wrestlers, so its time to throw this question out to you all...do you want to see the federation split into 2 rosters? One list of 20(ish) wrestlers will be on Sun show, and the same amount for the wed show.

I am open to public opinion on this one, I have my own list of pro's and con's but I want to hear your thoughts
Back to top Go down
https://unwa.forumotion.net
stray
Title Challenger
Title Challenger
stray

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:04 am

I'm for splitting the roster, and this goes in regards to the earlier suggestion for the new season of grouping together those of similar wrestler scores to try to provide more quality matches and less likely to create "squash" matches(Unless the storyline calls for it).

I would suggest the two shows be split into a flagship show and a minor show, the Flagship showcasing those of whom are higher leveled/higher ws's and the minor show giving us lower leveled wrestlers a chance to shine in the limelight of our own. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ROSTER SPLIT   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:10 am

I'M in agreement with guy above as i'm probably weakest in fed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:40 am

Splitting roster is great idea and stray said that only because he want's to get revenge... i think...
Back to top Go down
stray
Title Challenger
Title Challenger
stray

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 am

You think too much, Rolie. xD

But I do owe you for beating me twice now. xP
Back to top Go down
Kaluani
VGM
VGM
Kaluani

Number of posts : 639

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 am

Hi!

my opinion is No, you all could have guessed that. Even after splitting the roster there will be a breach between the weakest and strongest that is great enough for squishy matches (around 10K score probably) and the main problem I always have with splitting is keeping active RP interesting.We have like maybe 20 active RP'es, and -without looking after it- I suppose that they are note evenly balanced between the rosters. SO one roster would have, say, 5-8 RP'ers and as time passes, after some weeks each one had fought the other more then once and RPing with the same people over and over again may be cool if you have an interesting storyline, but having to fight the same person over and over again is boring for both the wrestlers and the audiance.

But whatever the poll results in, I will be happy to participate.
Back to top Go down
Double
Mid Carder
Mid Carder
Double

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 am

What I see as a big disadvantage of splitting the roster is the delay storylines are forced to take. All rp of one half is compressed to one day in a week, meaning there is not much room for a developement more like jumping from one step to another, making it somewhat rash.
A splittet roster would also lessen the feeling of playing together, since half of the wrestlers are "from the other show".

A no from me
Back to top Go down
The Silent Man
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
The Silent Man

Number of posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:45 am

I can't make up my mind, really, there would be pro's for splitting the roster. But I'm also thinking that the splitting might mean that the RP-aspects could suffer since everyone would only have one show to use - and a smaller pool of people RP'ing with each other.
Back to top Go down
'BBC' Richard Anthony
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
'BBC' Richard Anthony

Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 am

Im going for no.. we can manually make sure that people face opponents in there range rather than splitting everything up to do so.. also by setting the championships belts up to make one for lower levers and one for higher levels this will still allow lower level wrestlers to shine and get text time without compromising the speed and ease of RP .
Back to top Go down
Leon Heart
GM
GM
Leon Heart

Number of posts : 1669
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 7:58 pm

some good points from both sides...I have decided to keep things as they are for the next season and we can maybe revisit it another day.

The main problem is a possible lack of rping from one specific show.

Poll now closed.
Thanks to those who made their views known
Back to top Go down
https://unwa.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To split or not to split   To split or not to split Empty

Back to top Go down

To split or not to split
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UNWA Forum :: General Discussion :: Polls-